Believe it or not, summer is just around the corner! I know that with the unexpected snowstorm earlier this week some of you may not be in the spring mindset quite yet but trust me, warm weather is coming! It’s time to prepare for sundresses, shorts and of course those dreaded swimsuits.
This summer I don’t want you to hide under bulky t-shirts, I want you to embrace the sun and soak up all that Vitamin D. I know it can be difficult to lose the layers and feel confident in a bathing suit, so to help make it a little easier I created a 31-day online workout schedule for the month of May.
Found exclusively on BobHarper.com, this program features 5 workouts a week!
I’ve enlisted my good friend, Maddie to help along the way because if anyone knows how to rock a bathing suit, it’s this girl!
Here’s a breakdown of the first week:
• Day 1 – BRAND NEW workout featuring a format that has never been done before with Team Bob. The “2 Minute – 4 Minute – 6 Minute” workout includes cardio-intensive bodyweight exercises to boost your metabolism and kick start your weight loss.
• Day 2 – Time interval style workout, I’ll keep the clock while you push yourself to get through as many reps as possible.
• Day 3 – Rest Day: recovery days are just as important as work days!
• Day 4 – Tabata style workout, one of my favorite and most-effective workouts. The 20 seconds work/ 10 seconds rest format really gets your heart rate up.
• Day 5 – An ascending rep scheme pushes you to do more and more each round. It’s includes total-body cardio exercises with an extra focus on challenging your core for a flat stomach.
• Day 6 – A total body fat-burning workout that begins and ends with a quick run for an added cardio boost.
• Day 7 – Finish the week by stretching and drinking lots of water, your body gets a much deserved rest day to prepare for following week!
To get the most of this program, I suggest you run 1-mile before each workout. If you’re not able to run, then walk… with urgency! You can even start with short distances and add a little more each day, to work your way up to a mile. Set goals and really challenge yourself.
Results don’t happen overnight. If you work hard and eat right, you will be rewarded! I’ll leave you with a quote I read recently that really hit home, “Intentions are completely useless, it’s the actions we take to change that matter!”
Join me and Team Bob now to get started on your way to a better body!